Wednesday, August 30, 2006

One down, one to go! It's the Vogue Knitting lace sock, pattern by Cat Bordhi. I'm using Knitpicks Parade, color Daffodil, on size 5. I varied from the pattern two ways -- I didn't like the picot edge, so did 1x1 rib, on size 3s, and did only 3 repeats of the leg pattern (I'm "vertically challenged"). It went quickly, and was fun.

As you can see, Mr. Bill's mouth is still present; I didn't have a yarn needle with me at my office before I took the photo.







Oh, noooooooooooooooooo!








I'm bummed, and may post about it later, for both work and hormonal reasons. But I'm not sure I want to "sully" knitting content with venting. Suffice it to say, although I'm approaching 50, my hormones are acting like I'm 13 again. And my body. (See? I'm posting about it anyway. Damn mood swings.) Arghhh. Must...knit...estrogen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it turned out well. I may try that pattern with Magic Stripes. I'm still having issues with the suggested needle size.

Anonymous said...

It looks good. And I hear you on the hormonal thing. Argh.

Sully knitting content with ranting? Hmmm. Most of my knitting is rant filled as it is.