Saturday, September 01, 2007

Still moving ....

It's gonna take forever. And now that we have a house big enough for me to have my "own" room (call me Virginia Woolf), I'm faced with the blessed dilemma of yarn storage issues.

Bookcases? Shelves? Wicker baskets?

Funds are an issue, so I'll welcome any suggestions for cheap and easy ideas. Hmmm. Cheap and easy .... if only Paris Hilton had a line of furniture!

Knitting has been slow -- too much legal work. I am making myself stay away from the office this long weekend, though. My very sanity hangs in the balance. Or at least that's what I'm telling the spouse.

One more moving update -- the Siamese is becoming even more co-dependent. I swear, she needs a 12 Step Group. Ever since the big move, she is attached to me like velcro. As I type, she is attempting to get on the keyboard. She won't leave the deck off the kitchen, and crouches, turning her head back and forth like she's at Wimbledon, looking for .. for ... what? Arghh. I hope this is just a phase.

*** message from Miss KItty ***
she has GOT to be kidding. uproot me from my known environment, move me out farther into the country. there are FROGS here. a cat of my stature should be on Park Avenue. on a velvet cushion. not in the sticks where a girl gets her paws dirty just stepping outside. quick -- send Fancy Feast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Miss Kitty! Glad to hear you're settling in. My yarn storage is just a big old Rubbermaid type container.

barbp said...

My yarn is stored in canvas tote bags, quart sized ziplock bags etc. Poor puss, of course she wants Fancy Feast. Frogs give out an ever so bad crunch when bitten into.

Anonymous said...

Poor Miss Kitty. After all you put her through, you begrudge her a little attention? She's only asking for 24/7 after all.

Wicker baskets get pricey. You might want to show off your yarn the yarn store way - in shelf cubicles.