Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Betrayed



My body has betrayed me. Felled by a microscopic virus. Drowned in a river of snot. (sorry, but lack of sleep makes me grumpy). A waterfall of snot.

My throat is on fire. My eyes are watering. I am barely visible in the pile of crumpled tissues on the couch.

And worst of all, I don't even feel like knitting.

Call the paramedics. Call the knitting EMTs. Call the scientists who are too busy designing new erectile dysfunction drugs to be able to cure the common cold. I hope their penises fall off.

*cough cough*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I have found that egg drop soup (or any "Chicken Noodle" soup for that matter) is a miracle drug for sore throat. I have been plagued with sore throat problems almost every winter and I have always found that egg drop soup from family-run Chinese resturants is the best thing for it.

Anonymous said...

*laugh* @ your last comment.

Hope you feel better soon. Find a nice kindly old Jewish woman and ask her to make you chicken soup. It's an art my mother never taught me or I'd make you some and send it to you (but then again I'm not kindly or old). The secret, supposedly, is putting the beak in.

Suzanne said...

Too funny.

Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Girl, I have a torrent of snot and tearing eyes too, but I can't be feeling as bad as you as I can't wait to get tucked into an evening of knitting...

Anonymous said...

LOL! I hope you're better now.