Thursday, March 29, 2007

Yarn from Philly


Of course, I couldn't visit a new city without going to at least one yarn store. It's Rosie's Yarn Cellar, and it was very nice. Lots and lots of yarn, a friendly salesclerk (who even called to find out if a lunch place was open for us two vegetarians), but a bit small. I took the plunge and bought this:

My first foray into Koigu. It's going to be socks for oldest daughter, who picked out the colorway. I've read so much on blogs about this yarn, and have wanted to try it out. The label says 7 sts to the inch on size 3 needles, so that's how I'll start out.

I also bought some boring ring markers, for the Wool Peddler's Shawl (I'm up to the lace), and some reinforcement yarn for socks. They had a wonderful selection of buttons and some lovely shawl pins, but as I blew my budget at the Tut Exhibit, I ignored them. *sigh*

Well it's off to fight for truth, justice and the Family Court way today. Thursdays are intake days, and I have 5 cases on this morning, 2 in the afternoon. Usually the sort of day I call home and say, "pour the wine, I'm approaching the driveway."

ps Sabres beat the Devils last night, but by the skin of their (mostly non-existent) teeth. I, for one, am ready for the play-offs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. If you want more, did you see Ramwools is naging a sale on Koigu yarns at the moment?

Anonymous said...

Thursdays are hell days here, too.

Are you trying to tell me you only went to ONE yarn store? Clearly you need to be trained in the correct way to visit a new city.

Anonymous said...

Oh, fun! Did you go to the Mutter Museum? That's on my list of things to do, next time I'm in PA.

That Tut tour sounds fab!

And yarn stores of course. Ditto to what twig said re: yarn stores, and add every day that ends with a "y" to the hell list.

Zarzuela said...

Ooooh koigu. You will no doubt, be hooked.

I really need to make a trip to Philly. I live an hour away now and still have never been there!

Jessica

KnittingJones said...

I did go to the Mutter Museum! What a strange place -- but how to pass up the opportunity to see the conjoined livers of Cheng and Eng, the original Siamese Twins?

The slogan for the museum is "Disturbingly Informative". True.