Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What Is It?

Okay, knitters, help me out here. A friend's mother-in-law passed away last year, and she was a knitter. A Latvian born knitter. Janet found this in her MIL's things, and gave it to me.

I think it has something to do with spinning, not knitting, but I'm not sure what. Does it get attached to a wheel? Should I let the cats play with it? Or just use it to hold down the flurry of papers on my desk?

In hockey news ... Thursday is the big night for my team. Game 1 against the Islanders. Go Sabres!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a bobbiin for a spinning wheel, but not any brand of wheel I'm familiar with. Since the former owner was Latvian, it could have been a wheel made by someone local to her natal community.

cyndy said...

yep, I agree with annemarie~

Anonymous said...

Absolutely no clue what it is but the previous ideas sound good to me so I'll jump on the boat.

GO RANGERS (also starting on Thursday)

Nessa Z. said...

Definitely a spinning wheel bobbin. Doesn't look like any brand that I recognize, and kind of on the small side. I'd agree that it's probably local made. Not an antique, too light colored.

Zarzuela said...

What everyone else said. Definitely a bobbin for a wheel. No clue what kind though.

Jessica