Thursday, January 25, 2007

Don't Ask

My fired employee issues have gotten worse. Let's just say that all the martinis in the world, nay the universe wouldn't help.

So ... let's focus on knitting! Always a salve in a crisis ...

Here are pair of KnitPicks Parade socks, on size 3 needles, in a modified basket-weave pattern I sort of made up. 48 stitiches around, K2P2 for eight rows, then P2K2 for eight rows ... you get it. The first sock came out perfect -- the stripe changes and texture changes matched, but even though I frogged and started three times on the second one, there still are a few rough spots.
















And here is the nearly completed Elizabeth Zimmermann Ribwarmer. I decided one row of I-cord was not enough, so am doing a second. First time I've done this edging, and while I like how it looks, it's taking almost as long as it did to knit the vest!

Here's the vest:















Here's a close-up of the edging:



















And here's my issue: for lack of a better term, POOCHING. It's at the end of the short row shaping in the back. Looks like breasts. Now, I haven't blocked it yet, but I'm seriously wondering if those bumps can be blocked out. I really don't want to take it apart -- the short rows are about 1/3 of the way in.





So I'm wondering if I can somehow cut, unravel, and graft back together. Stay tuned ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh c'mon. You can't say "Don't ask" because that makes me really really want to ask.

I don't see any problem with the socks or any mis-matching. I think you have Knitter's Syndrome.

I have absolutely NO clue how to even begin to help with the ribwarmer.