Saturday, June 02, 2007

Big Blue in Progress

Here she is without arms! The Venus de Milo of sweaters ....
and with the greatly appreciated help of Twig, knitting maven extraordinaire, I have picked up stitches around the armholes and am knitting down for the sleeves. So far so good ...

and it's the only thing keeping me sane since the husband and I have made some huge decisions in the last week. To make a long story short, we've put an offer in on a house with guest lodging, a sort of "B & B", without the breakfast. It's a nice piece of property with 4 ponds (one has an otter that visits!), beautiful gardens, a hot tub, redwood sauna, a main house with 3 bedrooms and a real kitchen! (those of you who know I live in a barn can appreciate that fact).
And as Jack has fully retired, this is just what we need. He'll run the business, we'll meet some interesting people, and have a neat place to live. Of course, I'm already planning to market the place for knitting retreats .... and Finger Lakes winery tours!
So I definitely need my knitting more now than ever. Big Blue should be done by sundown :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh. Knitting retreats! That sounds nice. You can get a little rowboat and have otter watching tours -- sorta like a whale watching tour, without the whale of course.

Anonymous said...

Oh, very cool! Knitting retreats. And ponds. You have otters? Otters are darling.

Venus de Milo looks great! P/u and knitting down the sleeves is my favorite sleeve. Possibly because it avoids seaming.