Monday, June 25, 2007

Walking the Plank

That's me at the end, about to jump. It's been a hellish week, and there's more on the horizon. Custody hearings galore, struggling with the real estate closing (don't let anyone ever tell you that real estate law is "easier" or "less stressful" than family court), sweltering in the heat, feeling my age ....

So very little knitting has occurred. I am on the home stretch -- about two inches from the wrist -- of Big Blue, and if I finish it by the end of this week, it will have taken 2 months from start to finish. Not too bad, considering. And just in time for July -- when everyone needs a sweater!

The Rider's Rest closing may take place as earlier as this Friday. I can't wait to explore the place more thoroughly. We've already got some bookings for July and August, so I'm cautiously optimistic that being Innkeepers may work out well for us. Can't quite give up the law job, though ...

Well, that's all the news that's fit to print! Back to the courthouse ....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's ALIVE!

Hope things start settling down. I think I'd be more than happy to test your theory about RE being as bad as family law.

Carrie K said...

Is that pic of Rider's Roost? It's gorgeous.

Nice that your knitting is coveted!

I went to an outdoor concert Saturday night - I left 45 minutes into the headlining act - it was TOO DARN LOUD. I am so old.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting closer to being Innkeepers.