Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Field Trip!

Here are six intrepid members of our kntting group, feasting on goodies and frozen margaritas after a trip through scenic NY for a visit to Finger Lakes Fibers, a wonderful yarn store in Watkins Glen.

Margaret, knitting the purple vest, (also known as "Roboknitter" for her speed) won the prize for most purchases. A confessed sockaholic, she scored an amazing amount of yarn, and as a result, got the first drink! Beth (front left) is going to add to her felted bag collection, and Peggy (front right) will be branching out from scarves to a shawl! The rest of us got an assortment of goodies, including some local Schaefer yarns. I did indulge in one of these in HOT PINK! Perfect for socks. A good time was had by all, and I can't wait to do it again.

I'm down to sleeve #2 on Big Blue, and she's too unwieldy to carry around. So it's relegated to the couch, when I'm feeling my Irish roots and acting like a potato.

Okay, so the answer to "What is it?" is this: A travel chopstick holder. No kidding. The chopsticks come apart, and fit in this case that you can take with you. Now, I ask you, wouldn't that be just the thing for double pointed needles?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful spot. I love shopping for yarn - bet you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm torn. Which is more gorgeous? That view or the shawls? So close.

A chopstick holder? Perfect for needles!