Saturday, April 15, 2006

Just call me "Chester"



I know I'm dating myself -- Chester is the limping sidekick in "Gunsmoke". No wonder I have a cat named "Miss Kitty!" Like my lovely footwear? It'll be on for a week or so. If only I could knit a shoe cover ...

During my recovery (lounging on the couch watching classic Star Trek episodes), I am joined by the ever faithful Elvis, all 18 pounds of him, wrapped up in my blue sock and tape measure. Life is good in the cat lane.










And now for some lawyer venting. I have a trial coming up this week, a nasty matrimonial (is that an oxymoron?), but the worst part is the other attorney. Not only does he litigate everything, at least until the retainer is used up, but he has the distinct impression that women attorneys are morons. It really gets under my skin, though my law partner tells me to let it roll off my back, but I can't. I want to kick his ass so badly -- even with the dorky shoe!

Well, back to classic Trek and untangling Elvis!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Good luck with you trial, the family law ones are always the worst! Why is it that there are still so many men out there who can't deal with female attorneys?