Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Santa brought me ...

a cold! A really nasty, snotty piece of work. So all day today, instead of reveling in my wonderful presents and going out and doing fun things with my offspring, I laid on the couch in my pjs. I'm drinking lots of fluids (not the fun ones, either) and hope to nip this in the bud before we leave for the Adirondacks on Thursday morning.

In the meantime, the illustrious Twig has tagged me for the following:

"THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

Only six weird things, not six thousand? (hee hee)

Okay, here goes:

1. I get obsessive about having my socks match the color shirt I'm wearing. Why? I have no reasonable clue.

2. I can't sleep at night with the closet door open. Monsters -- I know they're in there.

3. I can recite almost all of the joke lines from any Peter Sellers' Pink Panther movie: "Minkey? You said minkey?" or "Does your dog bite?"

4. As a ten-year old, I had a poster of Spock on my bedroom wall. Weird? Only that I used to kiss it good night.

5. I was vice-president of the chess club in high school.

6. My husband says my hands move at night as if I'm knitting. Now, if I could only have him put the needles and yarn in the right position ...

So, who to tag?

I'm with Twig, most everyone I read has done this. I"ll think on it, in my feverish haze ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be a computer whiz! Numbers 1, 4 & 5 are pure geekiness! *laugh*

Hope you feel better soon.

A South Park Republican said...

Eek! The gift that just keeps on giving (more and more snot). Hope you feel better soon.

barbp said...

Your weird things are much better than mine!! What Twig said.

Oh man I hope you feel better soon. Mean ole Santa anyway.

Anonymous said...

Awww - so sorry to hear that the cold bug bit you - hope you'll be doing much, much better soon!
Totally enjoyed reading through your "6 weird things" - and oy, I can *so* relate to #2! ;)

hopcat said...

Wanted to tag you, but you beat me to the '6 Weird Things'!
Love your blog. I'm a knitting hockey fan, too. (only I live in FL - WTF???)